Skip to main content

Physical Therapist

Enhancing mobility. Reducing pain.

Enhancing mobility. Reducing pain.

Officers In Action

A Message from Chief Therapist Officer CAPT Richardson

Becoming a clinical and rehabilitation therapist officer in the USPHS Commissioned Corps
Read full story


Bachelor's, master's, or doctoral (D.P.T.) degree in physical therapy from a school or college accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
Current, unrestricted, and valid license/registration as a physical therapist by any state
Are you fit to serve?
Find out


College loan repayment
Health and dental care at low or no cost
Mobility between government agencies
Tax-free housing and meal allowances
Financial support for education through the Post-9/11 GI Bill
Retirement pension plan
Career advancement and pay increases with years of service
Flexibility to work in a variety of settings

Where we work


Request information

Ready to learn more about becoming an officer in the USPHS Commissioned Corps? We’ll send you the information you need.

See what's possible

Do you meet the basic qualifications to become a Public Health Service officer?
Find out

Learn how to apply

Ready to serve? See how to apply, from start to finish.
See how
Ready to apply?